The Casino Ballroom and Amusements

In June 1933 The Casino was opened for business. Upstairs was the ballroom and restaurants, downstairs the amusements.

In the amusements were dodgems, a boating pool, slot machines, House of fun and rides of all kinds.

In this category we have the history of the Casino and many pictures that were lent to Dave Bullock by the Swann Family and reproduced here.

Many more pictures and memories of the Casino can be seen on Dave’s site.

Page link: Casino Letter Head
Casino Letter Head
and Beaumont's signature
Page link: The building of the Casino
The building of the Casino
Pictures from the Swann Family
Page link: Casino Trains
Casino Trains
Yet again the train does not arrive on Canvey
Page link: The Boating Lake
The Boating Lake
survived from 1935-1953
Page link: Canvey visitors
Canvey visitors
by the bus load
Page link: Casino Rides
Casino Rides
Canvey's Amusements