Photo Collection of AG Linney

Albert Gravely Linney (1873–1936) was a writer and journalist and a keen amateur photographer.  Quote from the Museum of London website -  ‘In 1925 he became the first editor of the new Port of London Authority Monthly Magazine and it was in this capacity that he was able to fully explore the working Thames and its riverbanks’.

During his time roaming the Thames he took many photographs of Canvey Island. We have been fortunate to have been given permission to publish those photos under licence from the Museum of London.

Page link: Civic Performance 1965
Civic Performance 1965
Certificate and Photo
Page link: Village Pump and Red Cow PH 1935
Village Pump and Red Cow PH 1935
Photo by A G Linney
Page link: Canvey's Bridge 1935
Canvey's Bridge 1935
Photo by A G Linney
Page link: Chapman Lighthouse 1935
Chapman Lighthouse 1935
Photo by A G Linney
Page link: Two Well Known sites 1935
Two Well Known sites 1935
Photos by A G Linney
Page link: Some Canvey Dwellings 1935
Some Canvey Dwellings 1935
Photos by A G Linney
Page link: The Beach House 1935
The Beach House 1935
Photo by A G Linney
Page link: The Lobster Smack 1928
The Lobster Smack 1928
Photo by A G Linney
Page link: The Bay Club 1934
The Bay Club 1934
Photo by A G Linney
Page link: The Casino 1934
The Casino 1934
Photo by A G Linney
Page link: Canvey Beach 1934
Canvey Beach 1934
Photos by A G Linney
Page link: Repairs and Clearing
Repairs and Clearing
1934 photos by A G Linney
Page link: Masses of Houseboats
Masses of Houseboats
Photos by A G Linney
Page link: Small Gains Creek 1934-5
Small Gains Creek 1934-5
Photos by A G Linney
Page link: Scar House Farm 1934
Scar House Farm 1934
Photos by A G Linney
Page link: Kynock Hotel 1934
Kynock Hotel 1934
Photos taken by A G Linney
Page link: Lure and Lore of London's River
Lure and Lore of London's River
Book by Albert Gravely Linney (1873-1936)