Old Canvey Maps

Canvey Village

By Janet Penn

Photo:From a map showing ownership and acreage dated 1793 and drawn by James Asser Land Surveyor

From a map showing ownership and acreage dated 1793 and drawn by James Asser Land Surveyor

The circle shows the church in its position before it was moved in the late 1800s and the arrow shows the position of what the Red Cow???

Photo:Canvey Village 1867, printed after 1880, shows old parish boundaries. St Catherine's is marked as is Charfleets Farm but what was Hillhouse to the right along Long Rd? Is that why Canvey Village was called the Hills?

Canvey Village 1867, printed after 1880, shows old parish boundaries. St Catherine's is marked as is Charfleets Farm but what was Hillhouse to the right along Long Rd? Is that why Canvey Village was called the Hills?

Photo:O/S map dated 1923

O/S map dated 1923

Photo:1932 revision OS Map showing the village School, Vicarage, St Catherine's Church, Charfleet and Brickhouse Farms. Plus in the far top left corner the Dutch Cottage

1932 revision OS Map showing the village School, Vicarage, St Catherine's Church, Charfleet and Brickhouse Farms. Plus in the far top left corner the Dutch Cottage

Michael and Lynn Swanson

Photo:Same area today

Same area today

Google

This page was added by Janet Penn on 08/10/2011.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.